- The stage is friendly enough for the pilgrim weary of ups and downs.
- There will be lots of winefields. In May --hey are very green and beautiful.
- We had a cool day of perhaps 15 degree celcius.
- Our Albergue in Najera, 'Puerta de Najera' was a wonderful experience. Very alive, beautifully kept and easthetic. Highly recommendable.
- There is a bus from Azofra (after 6km) which we took advantage of.
After having had 2 longer stages of 25+ km and Samantha doing more than 20 each day, we thought we could complete the full stage today which was 21km.
As usual we got up at 4am, being ready to walk at 5am. But the new brace we got for Samanthas knee didn't work that well, and she had lots of pain.After a few km's of trials we threw in the towel for the day -> bus.
Our chicken with potatoes at our Albergue and onions didn't turn out well either.
BUT we were NOT going to settle with that. So we bought more chicken and invited our Korean friend Thomas for a Spanish/Indian chicken curry. Samantha created the dish and it was awesome.
Earlier we had had a sweet treat, building our resolve for our first Camino Curry.